Wednesday 8 August 2012

Coming along nicely...

My raw edge circles quilt is gradually getting there.... The quilt top is all sewn together and now I just need to work on what backing to use and how to quilt it.  



It's not good enough weather here today for photos outside, so here's the quilt top artfully draped over one of the sofas!  It's such lovely colours, I can't wait till it's finished, and I think it'll be a great splash of cheerful warmth through the winter.


I'm considering plain red with a small section of red magic beans on the back.  There's quite a bit of my beloved pezzy and some teal magic beans on the front, so I think it would be a shame if the back were completely plain.  I'm thinking this multi-coloured Aurifil thread in Laura's giveaway over on Needles, Pins and Baking Tins today would be just the thread to quilt this.

I've also got quite a list of other WIP's at the moment - two bee blocks for Plan Bee 2012, a maison de garance quilt for the in-laws for Christmas, and I want to try and make a start on my niece's birthday quilt too.  

I'm linking up with Lee over on Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.



9 comments:

  1. I like all the beautiful bright colors you've chosen for this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get my head around raw edge appliqué one day, it looks so good in your top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work! I think curved quilting it too intimidating, so I haven't tried it yet. Of course, I thought that about binding, too, but a friend encouraged me to try it. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, of course. :P

    Thanks so much for dropping by my blog - I updated the post to describe what a catnip blanket is. How silly is it that that didn't even occur to me to do? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this quilt is beautiful...i clicked to get a closer look at the fabrics you are using and they are so great.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, unless you're a spammer, then please don't bother - they won't pass the moderation.